Friday 7 November 2008

Glenrothes - What it all means

There is no way to argue that this result was anything other than a slam dunk victory for the Labour Party. The SNP will try to claim that a slightly increased vote share is a positive result. it isn't, not by a long way. The most interesting aspect of this election is that Labour got more votes than it did at the last election, the party's base therefore remains strong (in Fife at least)

3 things we learn from this result.

1 - The Lib Dems are F**ked
2 - This result will have very little to do with anything that may happen in England at the next election
3 - Salmond and Independence have very little traction in Scotland as a whole.

I will ponder over the weekend if i can describe myself as a Unionist... I have always assumed I was not but maybe its time to consider my position properly.

No comments: